We will teach you how to set up an automatic answer in Gmail for your vacations with three simple steps that will not take you even a minute of your time.
The vacation period is approaching, and with it the possibility of disconnecting from work, but that does not mean that you should leave careless to all customers or colleagues, especially those who write to you by email. That is why it is necessary to configure an automatic response in Gmail and we will show it in three simple steps.
To configure an automatic response in Gmail, you must first take into account if you are going to do it through your computer, or from an Android or iOS device, and although they are very similar steps, there may be small differences.
Set up an automatic response in Gmail for your holidays in three steps
Set up an automatic reply in Gmail on your computer
- Once you have opened Gmail on your computer with the account with which you want to include an automatic response, you should look up to the right of the interface to locate the gear wheel that will take you directly to configuration.
- In the drop-down menu you must choose “configuration” and in the bottom part you will have the option of “automatic answer” that you will have to enable.
- Simply choose the range of dates in which you want the automatic response to be activated, write the subject and the message, and if you see fit, activate the option “send answers only to my contacts”. Once you save the changes, you will have it configured.
To disable it you simply have to do the same thing but selecting “automatic response disabled”. You can also disable it from the top of your inbox in the banner itself that will appear.
Set up an automatic reply in Gmail for Android
- Once you have opened the Gmail application on your Android device, touch the menu of the three lines at the top left of the interface.
- Now you will be displayed a menu in which you will have to touch “settings”, choose the account in which you want to enable the automatic answer, and select “automatic answer” making sure that you have activated the corresponding switch.
- You only have to specify the period, write the subject and the message, and save the changes.
If you want to disable the automatic answer simply change the option of “automatic answer” to deactivate with the corresponding switch.
Set up an automatic reply in Gmail for iPhone and iPad
- Once you have opened the Gmail application on your iPhone or iPad, touch the menu of the three lines that you have on the top left of the interface.
- Now look for “settings” and select the account in which you want to include the automatic response and activate it.
- Now we just have to specify the time period, write the subject and the message that you want to appear in the automatic response, and give it to save.
As it happens in Android, to deactivate the automatic answer in iPhone and iPad you must look for the option of automatic answer and change the switch to deactivate.
As you can see, it’s that easy to set up an automatic response in Gmail for your holidays on any type of device.